Thursday, March 10, 2011

One Month.....


As I was preparing my breakfast this morning and getting ready to do my morning blood sugar and insulin, I realized that today it's been an entire month since my diagnosis. I still have flashbacks of the day I was rushed to the hospital by my husband. I was so weak, he had to carry me down our front steps to our car. The brightness of the sun was too much for my eyes. I don't remember the less than 5 minute drive to the hospital(I know my husband was driving as quickly as possible) but remember being put in a wheelchair at the ER entrance and being in an exam room while I was being poked and prodded by nurses and doctors. I remember being conscious at some point when I asked my husband what was wrong with me. I'll never forget the scared look on his face when he told me I had Diabetes.
When I finally started to get more and more alert in the ICU, it finally hit me and I just cried. The doctors who told my husband and later to me if we had waited one more day before I had gotten treatment, I most likely could have died after slipping into a Diabetic coma. I was very lucky and very relieved that my instincts had told me to get to the hospital. My blood sugar was over a 1000 when I was brought in and it's a miracle I hadn't gone into a coma. My mom was watching over me, I'm sure and told God that it wasn't my time yet. I still have two daughters that needed their mother. I didn't want my girls to grow up without me. I lost my mother.I didn't want my girls to lose their mother.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you went to the ER when you did. not sure what I would do without you! I love you, Mama Debbie! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too, my other daughter Ashley! ♥

    ReplyDelete